Friday, January 20, 2017

Life is like a puzzle.

What if our life was like a picture puzzle? One piece representing one day in our life. What kind of picture would we create? Unlike the artist who sees the whole picture before him before he places the first dob of paint on the canvas, we create our painting one day at a time.  Wouldn't it be great if we could see our picture before we take our first stroke on our canvas?  Or, would it? If you could replace the pieces of the puzzle, which pieces would you replace and which ones would you add?

When we read the brilliant poem, "The Road Not Taken" by Robert Frost, do we wish we could go back and take the other road? I think it is only human nature to think those thoughts! How many forks in the road have we faced in our life. If you could go back in time and given the chance to take the other road, at which point in your life would you choose to take the other road?

I often think if I could go back at a particular point in my life, it would be to correct the many mistakes, which I have made. I wish I could go back and undo the harm or pain I brought into the lives of people I have encountered. I wish I had been a better person. I wish I had been a better coach and teacher. I wish I could have been a better husband, a better father. But most of all, I wish I had been a good Christian. If I had been a devout Christian I would have very few mistakes to correct. But, thank God we still have choices. He gives us the opportunity to be who we choose to be. He leaves it up to us to make choices. If we stop and think about the possible consequences of our options we would probably make better choices and make fewer mistakes.

Thank God we have the opportunity to ask for his forgiveness everyday. We know that He loves everything He has created. He is our Father and he will forgive ANY sin you may have committed or will commit. He gives his us the choice to to ask his forgiveness. He also gives us the choice to ignore him. Which road will you take.




No comments:

Post a Comment